Making Restaurant Menus Accessible
Welcome to MenuVox!
Avoid the sticky world of accessibility law suits, hefty fines and bad PR for your restaurant. Now restaurant owners can provide an accessible menu to their customers with sight loss. MenuVox uses BlueTooth and location-aware technology to push the right restaurant menu to your customers smart phone so they can order with confidence and dignity.
The user can use their accessibility tools or adjusted system settings to make the menu as accessible as needed.
- The right restaurant menu pushed to your customer’s phone based on location.
- Hyper accurate using BlueTooth beacons. The system will even work areas where GPS signals can’t reach.
- Fully native app with accessible controls; compatible with Voiceover and Zoom on iOS. Customers can adjust their phone’s accessibility settings to make text and images more legible or “hear” the menu read to them via text-to-speech.
- Easy-to-use back end to host your menu. Add items, descriptions, pricing and nutrition information with ease.
- Reduced time and cost for staff to read menus to customers with sight loss.
- Dignity and independence for customer base with billions in discretionary spending.
- Avoid accessibility law suits and fines, some as high as $15,000 per day in Ontario.
- Easiest way to comply with accessibility laws.
- Save money on printing braille menus, large print, providing lights or magnifiers to customers.
- Improved brand image.
This project is made possible by an accessibility grant from the Chang School at Ryerson University.
©2018. All rights reserved.